Today we launched some major changes internally as well as a few minor bug fixes. We saved the best for last, but make sure to check out all the updates below before skipping ahead!
Sent vs. Received Emails in Infusionsoft: Received emails now show up as received (not sent) in Infusionsoft when viewing a contact’s email history, i.e. the line for the email is white vs. gray. This was made possible by the fine folks at Infusionsoft opening up the API to finally allow us to say if an email was sent or received. (Thanks, Justin!)
Case Transfer History: When you transfer cases between reps and departments (more below!) the transfer history will now show up in the case history. This adds a lot of context and insight to a case history as it moves it’s way around your organization internally.
Replies Reloaded: If you pull up the reply page and you didn’t actually reply to a message, a message now won’t be sent. This only really matters if you reply to a message, leave the window open and then your browser/computer crashes and when you open your browser again, the reply page re-opens.
Sidebar Links: The links on the sidebar now always keep your Inbox up top, followed by Unassigned, followed by departments (new!), and lastly other reps.
Departments are HERE!: At long last! All apps now have a “Support” department for all reps. Within the week we’ll have a department editor online so you can add new departments, edit which reps are in which departments, set departmental settings and more.
Why are Departments so Great?
Glad you asked! With the ability to assign emails not just to a rep, but a rep in a given department, you’ll soon be able to:
- Separate out your Billing emails from Support emails from Sales emails, etc… Maybe you want a department just for Returns. As an example, at Government Deal Funding, we have a department just for Deals our students submit.
- Look at department vs. department metrics, i.e. response time by department, case load by department, etc…
- Potentially configure dedicated incoming email addresses for each department, so people can email support@ and have it go to your support queue, sales@ and have it go to your sales department, etc…
- Setup department specific email reply templates so, for example, your billing reply template specifies your billing reply address, has standard boiler plate at the bottom regarding billing and more.
- Configure department by department auto-responders so when a case is assigned to a given department, your customer is notified with a department specific email template.
Stay tuned for more info on departments as we’ve VERY excited about this much anticipated release.