FuseDesk Case Idle Automations are run when a case has been idle for too long.
This allows you to, for example, send an automatic follow up reminder to a customer if you’re looking for a reply, or automatically close a case after a certain period without any activity.
Case Idle Automations require at least one date condition with a greater or greater than operator.
You can choose from when a case was opened, last updated, or last replied to.
All Case Idle Automations must further more cancel themselves out to prevent them from running for ever. For example, you wouldn’t want to continue following up with a customer automatically over and over again. You want that to happen once.
For an automation to cancel itself out, it must do at least one of the following:
- Have a Case Tag Condition for All of a certain group of case tags and then an Action to Remove at least one of those Case Tags.
- Have a Case Tag Condition for None of a certain group of case tags and then an Action to Apply at least one of those Case Tags.
- Have a Department Condition and then an Action to Transfer to a different Department
- Have a Rep Condition and then an Action to Transfer to a different Rep
- Have a Status Condition and then an Action to Change the Status
This allows the automation to run and then not run again until the conditions are met again.
This would let you, for example, reply to an idle case with the Status of Open and without an “Idle Check In” Case Tag asking if the customer needs further assistance before closing the case and then Applying the “Idle Check In” Case Tag to prevent that automation from running again.