Webforms, by default, send from [email protected], don’t have a text body, and all have the same boring subject line which doesn’t make it easy for you to respond to and help out customers!
To really get your FuseDesk system humming with Infusionsoft WebForms, you’ll want to turn off the “Send me an email when someone fills out this form” option and instead add an action to send you an email.
This will allow you to reply directly to the customer and to even set a custom (and personalized) subject line when they complete the form.
To set this up:
- Open the web form that you want to use and turn off the option to email you the form
- On the actions tab, add an action to send an email
- Create a new email template
- Change the to name to your support address
- Change the from to Other
- Make from name
- Make the from email
- Change the subject to something like
Online Support Request from ~Contact.FirstName~ ~Contact.LastName~
- Change the email type to plain text
- In the body, enter text and “Get Personal” fields to represent the data you collected on the form, so, for example, if you were collection a question and the custom field was called
_Question, you’d enter something like:
- Mark the template as ready to send and save it
- Save the Send Email step in your web form
- Save your WebForm