When a member emails in and wants to cancel their membership or subscription with you, your team can easily handle this with FuseDesk automation by simply applying the right FuseDesk Case Tag.
Let’s put a few pieces in place before we get started.
- In FuseDesk, head to Case Tags under Settings and create a FuseDesk Case Tag called Cancel Membership. You can call this whatever you want, for example Cancel Gold Membership, Cancel Book Club, etc…
- Head to Templates under Settings and create a new Email Template called something like “Membership Cancellation Confirmation” to confirm the automation cancellation. You’ll want copy along the lines of “I’m so sorry to hear you’d like to cancel your membership. Your membership has been cancelled.” Note down the name of your new template.
- In Infusionsoft, create a Legacy Action Set to cancel the subscription.
- In Infusionsoft, open up Campaign Builder and create a new campaign.
- Add a Goal of Tag Added and create a new tag named something like “Cancel Membership [Automation]”
- Link this to a new Sequence and head into the Sequence
- Add a Remove Tag Process and remove the automation tag above.
- Also remove any related membership tags that give the customer access
- Add a Apply Tag Process and apply any tags that indicate the customer is no longer a member, for example a Past Member tag, or a “PAYF” tag.
- If your membership program uses the password field, you can also add the Set Field Value process to clear out their password.
- If you need to run an HTTP POST to your membership site or platform to remove them, you can add that here, too
- Add an Action Set (Legacy) process and choose your Action Set from above to cancel the actual subscription and prevent further billing.
- Mark your Sequence as Ready
- Publish Your Campaign
- Back in FuseDesk, head to Cache Management under Settings and refresh your Templates and Infusionsoft Tags.
Setting up the Automation
- Head to Automations under Settings and click Add New Automation.
- Give your automation a Name, like Cancel Membership (or whatever makes sense for your team).
- For When, choose A Case Tag is Applied.
- Click the green New Automation button.
- For your Automation Conditions, choose:
- Case Tag Applied and select the case tag you created above.
- For Automation Actions, choose:
- Apply Infusionsoft Tag and choose the campaign builder tag from above
- Reply by Email and choose your cancellation confirmation email template created above.
- Notify Slack (if you use Slack) so your team knows about the membership cancellation
- Change Status to Closed
- Click Save and Enable
Triggering the Cancellation Automation
Now, pull up a case in FuseDesk. On the Case Tags tab, simply apply the Cancel Membership case tag from above and voila! Membership is cancelled, customer is notified, your team is notified, and the case gets closed!
Done-For-You Automation Setup
Would you like for our team to take care of setting this up for you? Contact Us and we’d be happy to help – Free for a limited time!
Ready to Upgrade to FuseDesk?
If you don’t have FuseDesk yet, go get yourself a free FuseDesk App and start setting up your automations today!